Blueberry Vegan Cheesecakes
For the crust:
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2tbsp water
For the filling:
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 270ml AYAM coconut cream
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- In 2 bowls place the cashews and almonds and soak them in water overnight.
- Rinse and drain the nuts and set aside to dry.
- Alternatively you can skip step 1 & 2 if you buy your almonds and cashews already activated.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the almonds, maple syrup and salt until you reach a fine meal that can be moulded with your hands.
- Pack the crust down into a greased muffin tin and set aside.
- Make the filling by blending all the ingredients together until smooth. I recommend using the blender for the filling to achieve that creamy consistency.
- Pour half of the mix into the muffin tins and reserve half for the blueberry layer. Freeze for 15mins.
- Blend in the blueberries until smooth and add the final layer on top of the muffin tins
- Freeze for a minimum of 3hrs and bring them out 30mins before you want to eat them.
- Top with some fresh blueberries and/or coconut cream
If you would like to add this recipe to your cookbook, click the button below to download the recipe as a pdf, and then print.