Tasty Paleo Egg Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 500gms Chicken mince
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1/2 Choko diced (alternatively use Zucchini)
- 1/2 Capsicum diced
- 3-4 Florets Broccoli diced (depending on size)
- 1tsp Bone broth (Best Of The Bone)
- 2tsp AYAM Curry powder
- Sprinkle of Italian herbs
- 8 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
- 2tbsp Beef dripping (alternatively use Coconut oil)
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- In a large frypan heat a tbsp of beef dripping before adding in 500gms of chicken mince. Generously sprinkle some Italian herbs and 2tsp of curry powder and mix it into the mince. Place the lid on and let it cook for 6minutes or until mince is browned.
- Meanwhile peel the skin off the carrot and choko. Slice the core away before dicing the choko. Then continue to dice up the carrot, capsicum and broccoli and place aside.
- Once the mince is browned set aside in a bowl. Using the same pan, melt another 1tbsp of beef dripping and add in the diced vegetables. Add a little bit of boiled water and place lid on to cook for 10mins or until the vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile whisk 8 eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the minced chicken back into the pan and mix in a 1tsp of bone broth paste. We used the turmeric blend from ‘Best Of The Bone.’ Simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Dish out the vegetable and chicken mixture into 2 silicon trays. We recommend using silicone so that the mixture doesn’t stick. Fill about 3/4 of the way to allow room for the egg mixture.
- Fill the rest of the moulds up with the egg mixture and place in the oven for 12-15mins or until cooked.
- Let the muffins cool down before removing them from the moulds. Serve or keep in the fridge. Enjoy!
If you would like to add this recipe to your cookbook, click the button below to download the recipe as a pdf, and then print.